In line with the Multi-Ministry Taskforce’s latest efforts to further enhance safe distancing measures, schools will step up their safe distancing measures. From 8 April 2020, all MOE schools will shift to full Home-Based Learning (HBL) till 4 May 2020.
During the period of full HBL, schools will provide instructions and support for your child/ward to access a range of both online and hardcopy HBL resources so that learning can continue.
Please click here –>Maha Bodhi School HBL Info Guide to download a copy of the pupils’ guide to HBL.
In order for pupils to be meaningfully engaged and for HBL to have minimum impact on curriculum progress, the school has drawn up a HBL plan customized for each level. The learning plans for the six levels are attached below to facilitate your support for your child’s/ward’s HBL.
How’s Everything with You?
|P1||10 mins during FTGP||1130- 1140||1130-1140|
|P2||1130-1140||10 mins during FTGP||1130-1140|
|P3||1015-1025||1015-1025||10 mins during FTGP|
|P4||1005-1015||10 mins during FTGP||1005-1015|
|P5||1015-1025||10 mins during FTGP||1015-1025|
|P6||1005-1015||1005-1015||10 mins during FTGP|
|40 mins||On odd weeks: Art for P1,3,5 and Music for P2,4,6
On even weeks: Music for P1,3,5 and Art for P2,4,6
|0800 – 0900||Chinese||Math||Chinese||Math||English|
|0900 – 1000||Math||English||PAM||English||Chinese|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK|
|1030 – 1130||English||Chinese||English||Chinese||Math|
|1130 – 1230||FTGP/*FT HEY Time||*FT HEY Time||Math||*FT HEY Time|
|0800 – 0900||English||FTGP/*FT HEY Time||English||Chinese||Math|
|0900 – 1000||Chinese||Math||Chinese||Math||English|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK|
|1030 – 1130||Math||English||Math||PAM||Chinese|
|1130 – 1230||*FT HEY Time||Chinese||English||*FT HEY Time|
|0800 – 0900||Math||Chinese||Math||Science||English|
|0900 – 1000||Chinese||English||Science||Chinese||Math|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK||BREAK|
|1030 – 1130||English||Math||Chinese||English||FTGP/*FT HEY Time|
|1130 – 1230||Science||PAM||English||Math||Chinese|
|0800 – 0900||Science||Math||English||Chinese||Math|
|0900 – 1000||English||Chinese||Science||Math||English|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK||BREAK||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK|
|1030 – 1130||Chinese||English||Math||PAM||Chinese|
|1130 – 1230||Math||FTGP/*FT HEY Time||Chinese||English||Science|
|0800 – 0900||Science||PAM||English||Math||Chinese|
|0900 – 1000||Math||Chinese||Math||FTGP/*FT HEY Time||Science|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK||BREAK||BREAK/*FT HEY Time|
|1030 – 1130||English||English||Science||Chinese||Math|
|1130 – 1230||Chinese||Math||Chinese||English||English|
|0800 – 0900||Math||English||Math||English||Chinese|
|0900 – 1000||English||Chinese||Chinese||Science||Math|
|1000 – 1030||BREAK||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK/*FT HEY Time||BREAK||BREAK|
|1030 – 1130||Chinese||Science||English||Chinese||English|
|1130 – 1230||PAM||Math||Science||Math||FTGP/*FT HEY Time|
Instruction to access HBL materials
- The school will leverage a variety of learning modes to enrich your child’s/ward’s learning. Other than the textbooks and workbooks, Student Learning Space (SLS) is the main online platform for accessing the learning resources and assignments. As a daily routine, pupils are to check the announcements posted on the SLS for learning instructions.
- Other interactive platforms that the teachers might use to conduct real-time engagement with your child/ward include Zoom and Skype. Pupils have been briefed by their teachers and should be familiar with the process. You may access the guides prepared by our teachers via tinyurl.com/mbshblguide for more information. Step by step instructions are provided in the guide.
- To support families with children/wards who would need to share digital devices, the online materials would be on SLS for the entire day. Any real-time engagement will also be recorded for pupils to view at a later time. However, pupils are still strongly encouraged to follow the learning plan as far as possible. During the prolonged HBL period, this would instill a sense of discipline in the pupils towards learning.
- If your child/ward requires additional support for HBL such as access to digital devices or internet connection, please alert his/her form teacher, who will be able to advise on alternative arrangements.
- Should your child/ward encounter any difficulty in accessing the online resources and assignments, including login and password issues, please visit /pupil-learning-space-sls/
How parents can support
The learning activities will be designed to allow pupils to complete them independently. We encourage you to support your child/ward by providing a conducive environment at home. You could do this by:
- Working out a daily schedule/routine with your child/ward and guiding your child/ward in setting goals and scheduling tasks. For further tips on guiding your child/ward in setting goals, refer to the Resilience Boosters at https://go.gov.sg/selresforparents.
- Establishing an agreement with your child/ward on managing screen time. We will assign a maximum of 2 hours of online learning every day. For further tips and guides on reinforcing your child/ward’s cyber wellness, please refer to: https://ictconnection.moe.edu.sg/cyber-wellness/for-parents.
- Encouraging your child/ward to maintain an optimistic and positive outlook while accepting the changes and emotions that he/she has had to face as part of going through HBL. This is a good time to pace your child/ward towards being self-directed learners, self-manage and be responsible for their own learning.
- Full HBL is an unprecedented move for all teachers. It involves a whole new way of teaching and learning. Teachers have put in a lot of efforts to learn to prepare lessons to cater to pupils’ learning. Your understanding and support are much needed to ensure your child/ward learns well. Do extend your consideration to our teachers should there be unforeseen glitches. We are all doing our best for our pupils.
- Please ensure that your child/ward stays at home and continues to observe good hygiene practices such as washing his/her hands frequently with soap and taking his/her temperature twice daily. If he/she feels unwell, please seek medical attention promptly and inform his/her form teacher if he/she displays any fever or flu-like symptoms.
- Our school has also made arrangements for teachers to check on our pupils’ well-being via SLS or other interactive platforms such as Zoom or Skype. Some of these sessions would be real-time engagement where the pupils would be able to see their teachers and friends. It is hoped that the sessions would help to eliminate the sense of loneliness when the pupils are home for a period of time. These sessions are indicated in the learning plan as * FT HEY (How’s Everything with You) Time. Your child’s/ward’s form teacher would have informed him/her which platform would be used.
- If your child/ward needs learning or emotional support, he/she can approach our teachers and other school personnel such as our allied educators and school counsellors, who will continue to work from home or from school. Our teachers will also be in regular contact with you and your child/ward.
- Student care centres will suspend their general services during this period. If you are working in essential services, and are unable to secure alternative care arrangements, you may approach the school for assistance.
All school-based Mid-Year Examinations will be cancelled. However, national examinations, including Primary School Leaving Examinations will proceed as planned and with the necessary precautionary measures in place. We will update you subsequently on the school’s assessment plan. The key focus now is to ensure that our pupils can continue to learn well during this period.
Our teachers will continue to monitor the progress of your child through HBL assignments. Please ensure that your child/ward completes the assignments promptly.
We plan to resume classes on 5 May 2020. MOE will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation to assess if HBL needs to be extended. We urge you to rely on official sources of information and not to circulate any unconfirmed information. If you have any further queries, please contact the respective Year Heads/Assistant Year Heads:
P1: Ms Ang Chew Peng
P2: Mdm Lee Teck Lan
P3: Miss Stephanie Yew Birui
P4: Mrs Katheryn Pua
P5: Mrs Yeo-Ang Hwee Pheng
P6: Mrs Chen Jing Jing
Let’s continue to do our part in our fight against COVID-19. We can do it together. Stay well and healthy!
Thank you and keep safe!
Your Partner in Education
Mrs Elaine Quek